Participation via Invitation and Open Call.
Invitation: The eight invited design practices in the order of their initials are:
• Ateliers Jean Nouvel
• Santiago Calatrava LLC
• Diller Scofidio + Renfro
• Herzog & de Meuron World Ltd.+ CCDI consortia
• Steven Holl Architects
• Renzo Piano Building Workshop
• China Architecture Design & Research Group
Open call: the Competition Annoucement will be released after the press conference to accept registration, Registration as follows
(1) The competition registration is open to all design practices at home and abroad.
(2) Applicants shall provide business registration certificate, design license or equivalent documents.
(3) Applicants with the same legal representative or direct holding relations shall not register for the competition at the same time.
(4) The Project accepts registration in the form of consortium (either at home or abroad), but not individuals or teams of individuals.
(5) Members of consortium shall meet the following requirements:
a. There shall be no more than 2 members specialized in architecture; the member of a consortium is not allowed to sign up again for the competition in its own name or by joining another consortium in another name.
b. Members of a consortium shall sign a legally binding Consortium Agreement to specify the leading party, the division of work by design stage, and the shares and way of distribution of the design fee for each member, etc.
(6) The chief designer directing the project shall attend the milestone presentation meetings. Should the chief designer present during the competition be inconsistent with the one specified in registration documents, the Organizers have the right to disqualify the team from the shortlist and competition.